![]() |
| Bigger Dreams By Victoria Johnson. April 2012 Acrylic Paint and transfer, Colored Pencil, & Glitter |
This is a two part series. I created, "Bigger Dreams," as part of my Intro Art class at school. This project was to work on multi-media skills and learn how to do acrylic transfers. This piece was inspired by my previous painting (Starry Night). I wanted to create a dream like quality representing where I am at in my journey of life. In this painting there is a dream catcher- representing that I have dreams and goals. A Peacock feather to represent royalty and good luck- I am named after Queen Victoria. My face/the moon, I am the focus of my dreams, and there are pieces torn out to look like craters but also to show that I am missing pieces, and there is the quote which is something I say to my friends and family.
|
| "Dreams of a Child" By Victoria Johnson. April/May 2012 Acrylic Paint and Transfer |
After creating, Bigger Dreams, I wanted to keep painting with the same theme, so I created "Dreams of a Child." Which I wanted to be very full and busy like the mind and dreams of children. I also put a tree on top of the images to represent life and growing up. The acrylic transfer I decided to do on this multi media is an image of myself when I was about 6 years old.
![]() |
| *close up image on the acrylic transfer* |



No comments:
Post a Comment